Hello, I’m Allison Carter – OTR/L
Board Certified, Licensed Occupational Therapist
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Child Development from the University of Kansas in Lawrence, and went on to get a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy from the University of Kansas Medical Center. As soon as I graduated I began building my caseload by contracting with the state of Missouri infant and toddler program. Over the last 15 years I have worked with the infant and toddler program as well as private pay cases with children up to 15 years old. I work with families on practical ways to make positive changes to their lives. I provide hands on direct therapy as well as parent education and consultation. Therapy is individualized to each child and family’s specific needs. I prefer to start out with direct in home services and decrease to face to face consultation.
I will work with children and families on fine motor and self help skills as needed and appropriate. However, my specialty area is Sensory Processing in children with and without an Autism Spectrum diagnosis. I have a strong passion for helping parents understand what sensory processing is, and figuring out what they can do to help their child in this area. When children have difficulties with sensory processing it can affect their ability to learn, attend to an activity, eat a variety of foods, follow directions, tolerate noisy environments, and much much more. I can help by providing suggestions for how to handle these difficulties based on your child’s specific sensory needs.
Services are billed as private pay. However, I will work with you and try to submit billing to your insurance as a non-provider. I am currently a provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield.
If you would like to contact me, I can be reached by email at: email@example.com
- The Milestones podcast and Midwest Therapy Associates are based on one person’s experience and training in Occupational Therapy. The opinions voiced on this site and on the podcast show are meant for entertainment purposes only. The show and website is not nor should anything said or printed on it are not meant as medical or therapeutic advice, and should not replace an in-person evaluation by a medical professional.
- No provider-patient relationship exists or is implied between the readers and the author of this blog, website owner, or between the listeners of the podcast and the author of the podcast.
- Any mention of products, websites, videos, or other resources does not constitute an endorsement. The authors take no responsibility for the use or misuse of any advice, product, or other resource cited in this blog.
- Every attempt is made to be accurate as to presenting “factual information” on both the broadcast and the website. Resources are cited when their information is presented on both the broadcast and the website as appropriate.
- The Milestones podcast is freely distributed to all audiences who choose to listen to is and may be downloaded as desired for personal use.
- Any commercial use is limited to no more then 5 minutes of content per show and requires the user of said content to note this show, including our URL of www.mymidwesttherapy.com as the source of the audio. For commercial use greater then 5 minutes per segment please contact me and I will review your request.
- Non commercial distribution of this show is acceptable.